PDF Export


default_foto_logo.png The village of Sudoměřice was established in the 13th century by Sudomír of Horka, the head of the suite of the Czech king Přemysl Otakar II..


The cellar alley

In the dry-wash of so called Old stream, close to the village, you can visit a complex wine lane of 30 cellars used for business as well as for pleasure of small wine makers from Sudoměřice. Originally, the cellars were approved as a fallout shelter for 250 people in the 70´s of the 20th century. The cellars are inter-connected by narrow partition walls. The complex houses even a building for gardeners and an amphitheatre with large wine shop cellar. The chapel of St. Urban is also included in the complex.

Several traditional houses – so called Podunajské clay houses – were preserved in the village. There is a well preserved Panský dvůr manor and a campanile in the village green from the 18th century. The functionalistic Church of Christ the King was built in 1930 –33. A complex of so called German houses was built for the German financial guards in 1942 – 44.

Further information:


Navigate GPX Export

Go to article